Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Community (Television Show)

Well, I was bored yesterday and was wondering what I should review. I went through a long list of movies, which I don't have time to re-watch, video games, which I want to save for a later date, and music, I just couldn't really decide. Well, after giving up, I turned on my phone and decided to watch Hulu. That's when it struck me, I needed to review Community. I absolutely love this show, although only being about a season into it, and really wanted to recommend it and let you know why I love it. So, lets do it!

Plot Synopsis:
Community is a NBC tv show about a lawyer named Jeff Winger, played by Joel McHale, who gets his licence revoked because he has a fake bachelors degree. He has to go back to community college in the town of Greendale, Colorado where he sees an attractive girl and wants to start a study group to get closer to her. It backfires and he ends up with a jock, a millionaire, a recently divorced women, a recovered drug addict and Abed, a dude who is very meticulous and always quotes movies. Jeff has to deal with them while he tries to make it through college.

Problems:
While this show is really good and funny most of the time, we get a couple "preachy" episodes. Most of them are just about obligatory things like accepting others and don't leave friends behind and other stupid plots. Most of the episodes like this really fall flat and don't have many jokes.

Final Thoughts:
Even though its got a few bad episodes, once you get past the first season it's HILARIOUS. I find myself hurting from laughter sometimes and have to stop watching. Overall it gets a 8.5/10. I recommend it highly. Thanks for reading and come back next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment